IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
We hope you and your loved ones are in good health. While many things have changed as the COVID-19 virus continues to spread, one thing remains the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This includes wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more.
Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We are monitoring this situation very closely, and we are making sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- If you, or anyone in your household, are currently exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment. Symptoms of COVID-19 include cough, fever, and other flu-like symptoms, with varying degrees of severity. While our knowledge of the virus continues to evolve, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at a high risk for contracting the virus.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for greater time between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Curb-side check-in has been implemented. Upon arrival at our office, call us to inform us that you have arrived, but please stay in your car. We will let you know by phone once we are ready for you and will take you directly to your room and bypass the waiting room.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth, as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 240-390-0290.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, please visit the following links:
Dr. Hoyson and staff working hard to keep patients safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.